Advantages of Meta Analysis:
• Meta analysis reduces the complexity of research.
• Best used for medical and psychology studies.
• Produces quality assessments and reduces repeated research or analysis.
• Best results can be obtained by using larger volumes of data.
• Inconsistencies in results can be analyzed and quantified.
Disadvantages of Meta Analysis:
• Researcher must rely on old data or databases.
• This analysis has scope for biasness and skewed data.
• Validity of results can be compromised.
• One small error during the study can make the entire analysis a failure.
With its own advantages and disadvantages Meta analysis is being used widely in various fields and this analysis can reduce the time frame of the study and reduces expenses and repeated studies. The quantitative results of the meta analysis studies must be interpreted very carefully and the analysis also must be carefully done with rigorous rules.